11 April 2006

I'm speechless, but not witless

Yesterday, I gave my teacher a poem I wrote (recreated below for your enjoyment) because I had talked to him about the reverse Daphne image that I was thinking about, but I refused to let him see my rough draft, so I thought I would let him read the finalish product. I also wanted to know what he thought about it. He read it and his reaction was quite flattering.

So here is the poem. It turned out a lot more physical/sexual than I thought it would (you've been warned).


“Apollo, convince me otherwise”

your weight presses me down,
ripping the fragile gauze of time,
until the mattress liquefies,
cupping our passion in its hands.

when sarcasm turns acidic, you
throw me against the wall and,
bruising lips with lips, suck
the words from the tip of my tongue.

your visceral song pierces my
core and my sap blushes red and
pulses through my limbs and I uproot
to dance against your skin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You talent continues to grow. I am please that others are appreciating what I have always seen...I was prepared for the sensual as duly warned, but not for the physical. Violent images are difficult for me because of the work I do....but the poem is powerful....keep writing!