02 June 2006

7 days 'til take off

I've been meaning to blog for awhile but never could get things into words before my short attention span forced me to seek a new activity. Life has been crazy, good, but crazy. I'm stressed with the packing, but I'm extremely excited about the adventures I will be pursuing. I leave in a week. I hope to blog while I'm in Turkey and Jordan, just to keep everyone updated. I don't have time to write a full post at the moment so I'll just post my latest poem.

A Distant Night

Skin hot and humid as sex
but your hand sliding up my skin
and tongue pressing on my lips
are as platonic as far-flung Pluto
ever orbiting my orange flame
my heat stretched thin
traversing
space
to lick your lunar face

Better this than the satellite static and
distance distance masks
Better this than face a dream
no sleep could pin down
Better this.

No comments: