02 December 2007

the golden compass

I absolutely loved this trilogy growing up. I first read The Golden Compass in middle school when it came out and after that I anxiously awaited each book's release. In the books, there are daemons, which are like companions, a separate being attached to the soul of the person and which takes on different animal shapes before settling on a permanent shape. I always wondered what form my daemon would take, a snow leopard?, an owl?, a tiger? I no longer have to wonder.

This is my daemon, but I might not have answered the questionnaire accurately. That is where you come in, you can visit my daemon page, alter the answers and give my daemon his true shape.

8 comments:

emily said...

i answered the questions and it checks out. i'm still not sure what that animal is, though

emily said...

mine is Zyrxy the ocelot, just in case you were wondering

Claire said...

mines an ermine, silly

Yarjka said...

I changed it. I think it's a lynx now.

emily said...

oo who made it a fox? pretty.

Claire said...

i don't know

Th. said...

.

I'm a fox. So's you know.

emily said...

dear naiad,

i believe that, in the interest of me, you, the world in general, and especially your poor, neglected blog, you ought to quit school so that you can dedicate your time to more important things, like entertaining me with whatever you happen to write here.

love,
me