02 March 2009

ear art

Yes, you heard right. Ear art. Art that depicts an ear.

A few weeks ago I suddenly got the desire to do a collage piece depicting an ear. I thought that my inspiration channel in my brain was really looking for anything to amuse me with, but I heeded the call and sat down to make an ear.

I used a tiny wood block that Joseph bought me for my birthday, so this one is dedicated to him.
Here is my ear piece:

Personally, I like that you can still see the wood grain through the paint.


I was listening to some beautiful music at the time and that is where the swirling lines come in. However, when I look at it, it seems like the lines are coming out of the ear, like wind passing from in one side and out the other.

2 comments:

emily said...

if you look at it sideways it looks like a tree growing out of a rock. but then i don't know how to explain the EAR label...

Adam said...

I know this is a pretty old post, but I wanted to comment. So Joseph got you a "tiny wood block" for your birthday? I wish presents for Emma would be that easy!