16 October 2009

homemade

I promised many people a picture of the chairs Joseph and I recovered with the help of my mom and dad. So here they are. They are definitely not perfect and I'm not sure I would ever do this project again since the chairs are still wobbly even though we tried to reinforce them.



One thing Joseph and I have started doing regularly is baking our own bread. We use the simple no-knead recipe from the New York Times and it is always yummy.


A few times in the summer we took a loaf of bread and had a simple picnic and searched for geocaches around the city.


I've made a lot of treats lately but my fourth of july oreo-esque cookies were the yummiest.
The best craft of the summer, however, goes to our new quilt my mom and I sewed while I was visiting at the end of summer.

It looks mostly blue in this picture which is misleading. only that corner has blue in it the rest is warm colors. It fades from blue in the bottom left corner to dark pinks and yellow in the top right corner and the two other corners are light pinks, yellows, and greens. I love the fabric, it comes from Anna Marie Horner's Good Folks collection.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

you are seriously domestic, girl! i loved seeing all your projects. that quilt is pretty dang awesome!

p.s. let me know if/when you're spending any time in utah for the holidays!

Heather said...

GREAT POST! You covered all the things I love - baking, upholstery, and sewing! I think the table and chairs are awesome! Hooray for old refurbished stuff! BEAUTIFUL quilt- love Anna Marie's stuff. Bread.....my weakness!

Eric and Katie said...

Impressive Claire Bear! Everying is BEAUTIFUL!!! Where is the table from...it looks familiar? We miss you guys and hope you are doing well. We love you lots!

Emma said...

I LOVE the quilt!! All the colors together are beautiful. It's definitely a Claire quilt. Those chairs are very impressive too. I'm in awe. I want to upholster something old now too.

It was so fun to skype with you!! :)We have to do it again soon.