25 September 2006

sunday school

I got called to be a sunday school teacher again. I'm really happy because it's the only calling I really enjoy doing.

So, today I taught Isaiah 1-6. When we read Isaiah 1:3, "The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib," I explained that the hebrew word 'crib' meant manger or stall. At this point, a friend of mine who has a penchant for snarky remarks during my lessons shouted out that he thought that 'crib' meant house. To which I replied that I'm sure that his house is a crib, but, as we all know, a bunch of asses do live there. It took me a good minute to stop laughing and another minute to get the rest of the class to stop laughing. My roommate, PRgirl, complemented me on my great ass crack. It was a great asinine day.

I think it was a perfect way to start off my new (renewed?) calling.

2 comments:

Thirdmango said...

I also got called to be a sunday school teacher again.

Saule Cogneur said...

I am soooooo jealous of the bofe uv ya. Congrats. I'm glad you have something to excite you again. :)