16 October 2006

okay, okay I'll write more

So, I've been told by my illustrious brother that I need to write more often. However, that is difficult when there isn't much to write about. While everyone else in my family is actually out in the real world, I'm stuck here in Provo. I was so bored last week that I went and dyed my hair in order to relieve the boredom.

The funny thing is, that if I was actually going to all my classes, doing all my reading, and completing more than half of my Latin homework, I wouldn't be as bored, but motivation seems to be scarce nowadays. In a good week, I go to about 50% of my Latin class. Actually, I was going to take my Latin test today, but then I lost track of time and missed testing center hours. Yeah, I'm an stultus (huh can I make that a feminine ending?) I'm a stulta. Luckily for me, Latin isn't proving to be overly difficult compared to Greek.

While I miss Latin often, I don't miss Greek, for anything. I love reading the Iliad, it's fantastic, seriously, it's what gets me up in the morning. My poetry class is also quite fun though frustrating at times when I disagree with the teacher about the necessity of narrative within poems. My other classes range from elementary to outright boring.

What's keeping me going is knowing that I get to go to Chicago in less than two weeks. I'm so excited to bask in the non-utahness that I can hardly contain myself. But, for now, I need to study some Latin declension.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Maybe you need to hang out with more Provo people after all. So many silly people, so many crazies...Crazies are ALWAYS fund to write about.

Yarjka said...

There was fog in the mountains today, and it was raining but not completely, full-out raining, and you were wearing flip-flops. You could write about that. Or about Latin stuff...perhaps comparing the Latin alphabet to the Latin alphabet that we use, and explaining the lack of the letter 'j'. That would certainly hold my interest. If that doesn't work for you, you could always move on to phallic objects.

Claire said...

SC:but then I would have to put up with them. It's not worth it just to get a post out of it.

yarjka: I could, but then what would we have to discuss when I see you?

Yarjka said...

Oh, don't worry ... you can discuss phallic objects with me till the cows come home.