25 September 2008

my first skywatch

I saw my first skywatch photo a few weeks ago on my best friend's blog. It was completely understandable to me why she would be drawn to such an idea; she absolutely loves the sky. So much so, that I used to call her skylark when we were still roommates. She instilled in me a love of sky-watching, and I still I love looking at the sky - it is such a large canvas which tells new and interesting stories every day.
After browsing through the many beautiful pictures on the Skywatch website I felt inspired and sat down and drew for the first time in a really long time. This is exactly what I need in my live - inspiration. Therefore, I am joining the ranks at Skywatch.

This photo was taken at sunset in Edfu, Egypt.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a magnificent sunset!!! Fantastic photo!

Country Girl said...

Claire, I love this. Welcome to the community! I can't visit as many sites this week with my bandaged finger and am so very glad I stopped here.
Thanks, too, for commenting at my place.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to SkyWatch! Wow.. your first picture sure is so beautiful!!! Great!

My SkyWatch is here. Hope you could drop by, too! Happy weekends!

Redzlan said...

Welcome to SkyWatch!
Great picture, using the same camera is mine.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

wow awesome photo!

Baruch said...

Absolutely stunning! Happy SWF!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful sunset picture. Welcome to Sky Watch Friday!

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning photo! Fantastic color and light. Welcome to Sky Watch. :)

Müge Tekil said...

Welcome to SWF! :-) And thank you for such a beautiful start! Your photo is -in one word- PERFECT!

Tom said...

Hello Claire and a very warm Sky Watch welcome to you from me and all the team here at Sky Watch.

Your picture is excellent, and worthy of praise but I'll save thatfrom your great words. I'm so pleased Sky Watched got youu inspired to draw.. please feel free to post a drawing or painting for Sky Watch... others do and it is always a pleasure to see them.

I hope you get many visits, and enjoy your first Sky Watch.. have a great weekend and thanks again for joining us here.

Tom

Louise said...

Welcome, and this is beautiful. Such a wonderful capture! It IS inspiring here, isn't it? (I am a rubber stamper and stamped after my first SkyWatch!)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous debut - perfectly captured with stunning colors. Very nicey - welcome to SWF!

AphotoAday said...

Very cool... Nice color...

Anonymous said...

super sunset

Arija said...

What a magnificent shot for your first skywatch. Welcome to the community, I do hope you have as much joy from it as I have had to date.

emily said...

:)
happy

Heather said...

I should tell Jon about this site- he likes the sky too. Very pretty picture