02 October 2008

skywatch the second

A week has gone by. Weeks go by so quickly, even though I don't do much in a day. However a few days ago I grabbed my camera and ran out onto our apartment balcony to get a shot of the beautiful colors the sunset was producing. We are new to this apartment, city, and country, but this is the first really beautiful sunset that I have seen here. I just wish my apartment balcony didn't face north, so that I wouldn't have to dangle over the railing to get a shot of the sunset, which is what I had to do to get this shot:


And since I'm feeling generous tonight. And because I don't want to post two sunset pictures in a row. I'll also give you this picture, which I took a few months ago when I was visiting Washington D.C. with Emily.


Please visit the Skywatch main page to view more, and better, photos of the sky.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos - especially the first one, colors are great! Greetings from Croatia.

Tom said...

Hello again Claire
Glad to see you come back again... and with TWO great shots on view as well..

I thank you for joining in again with the fun of Sky Watch this week

Tom
Mine's Here

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Let's hope that the sky will be less cloudy over Washington !
It's up to American people.

emily said...

wow, nice shot of the capitol. i don't remember the clouds being so dramatic that day!

and be careful with those balcony-dangling shots.

Babs (Beetle) said...

Both lovely shots! Every sky has it's own beauty :O)

Arija said...

Both pictures are absolutely stunning.
I dearly would have liked to dee you dangling over your balcony. I hope you were wearing safety harness at the very least.

At first I puzzled over your header, a drowning Naiad? Naiads dont drown! Now I do understand that living in an appartment not in the woods by a babbling brook would have that effect. I'm sorry for your predicament.

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful. I live not too far from DC and I have never scene the Capitol from that view before. Love it, love both of them.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

TWO WONDERFUL photos! I can't wait to see what you see next! :)

Heather said...

I really like the D.C. shot.