01 March 2006

Dreaming in verse

So the weirdest thing happened to me the other night. I was dreaming of Greek and sentences that I wanted to translate into Greek (I know I'm slightly neurotic), when I half-woke up and dragged myself out of bed. I then proceeded to shuffle my way to the piece of drawing paper that hangs on the wall outside my bedroom and scribbled a stanza of poetry and shuffled my way back to bed. SkyChild was still up studying and she told me that it was pretty bizarre when I emerged not to get a drink nor to go to the bathroom, but to relieve myself in a more poetic fashion. In the morning, I woke up remembering what I had done but not remembering exactly what I wrote. To my surprise the short quasi-poem was actually comprehensible.
This is what I wrote in my sleep:

Soaring Eros
Sings nightsongs in
My ear and
Listening,
I weep.

No comments: