13 February 2009

birthday

I am officially a quarter of a century old (as of a month ago)! This birthday was great, but it was also difficult. I don't think I've ever had one of those birthdays that made me really think about what I'm doing with my life. That could be because this is the first year I have not been in school since I was 5.
However, the birthday was, overall, awesome. First, my mom sent me flowers:


Then Joseph came home from school with roses and a cute little cake from a bakery called Flour. It was so adorable and very yummy.


I loved it:


After a nice dinner at a near by Indian restaurant, Joseph took me to an art supplies store and let me pick out some stuff for my birthday gift. It was a great idea because Joseph doesn't like picking out gifts and I love art supplies!

I also received daffodils from my visiting teachers:


Definitely a good birthday!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a good one. Flowers, goodies, presents, more flowers! I love that you guys like Indian food- Jon and I love Indian and Thai :0)
Happy Birthday (a month ago) and don't feel bad about being a quarter of a century- I am still older then you, and have been out of school for much (much) longer ! :0)

Th. said...

.

Happy belated!

emily said...

I've never been to a birthday party.
Do they hurt?

He loves you soooooooo much. I'm makin' the cake!

We shall celebrate your birthday once more with one of those beautiful cakes when I come to visit.

Also:
daffodils are so happy. and that's a great shot.

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I know what you mean about it being weird to be out of school. I had MAJOR withdrawls last Sept. when Jon went back to school and I didn't. But I've decided there are lots of other ways to continue my "education" without having to be signed up for school! I'm glad you have been updating your blog more-- it is wonderful to stay in touch with you more!

Brianna said...

happy birthday- I'm glad i can make it last a little longer. hope things are wonderful this next month. PS how's not being in school?