25 February 2009

circus art

I made two companion paintings for my aunts. They were meant to match each other and both featured a circus animal, two figures (representing my aunts), and a circus tent. The first one was finished in November, but I forgot to take pictures of it before I sent it off. It featured a large elephant and the two figures were running up a hill to a large circus tent.

The second one was completed only a few weeks ago.





The backgrounds are painted on a 6x8 canvas board, all the figures are collaged from papers with some charcoal, and the lion's mane is made from string.

4 comments:

Heather said...

that is awesome Claire! very good. you should open up a little Etsy shop and sell some paintings. I want to see the other one...

emily said...

Oh Claire this is So. Cool.

a little bit of MirrorMask, a little bit of Picasso.

The lion is so wistfully melancholy. I want to adopt it.

Th. said...

.

These are very cool.

Emma said...

I love the lion! I just want to touch it