22 February 2009

quotidian inspiration 2

Sometimes, it is important to stop and look around you for inspiration. It might be as simple as looking around your own home. There is a reason we decorate the way we do and a reason why we surround ourselves with certain objects, textures, and colors.

Today I'll share two pictures of our bedroom, which is actually not fully decorated. There is only one side table and our mirror is not yet hanging on the wall, and a beautiful Turkish quilt has not yet been hung on the wall opposite our bed. However, I am inspired by our bedroom partially because it is unfinished and partly because I love the combination of grey and orange. It is a place of love and a place of dreams, and that is what inspires me today.


(Sorry about the weird lighting in the second picture)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I totally have been eying that bed frame at Ikea! (it is from Ikea right?) I agree with what you said - you should see our place - it is getting more and more colorful everyday! :0) can't wait to see what you and your mom have been working on...

Th. said...

.

Wow! Your walls change colors!

emily said...

Herbert!!