11 February 2009

a quotidian inspiration 1

There are many things that inspire me about daily life, like how simple things smell, taste, feel. I don't know what inspires you, but I'm going to post some random things that for some reason spoke to me on that particular day.

Today, I will post two things.

First, there is the beauty of a cooking egg:


I love the shapes that the whites make and the beautiful yellow color of the yolk. Mmmm, and the smell....mmm....and the taste of a perfectly cooked egg...mmm. Serious inspiration right there.

The next inspiration that I will share is a wonderful song and even more wonderful video by Goldfrapp.



This video has the power to cheer me up no matter what.

3 comments:

emily said...

I have to say, eggs really don't do it for me (not that you asked).

But I do love that video.

Also, I like this blogging concept. More quotidian inspiration!

Heather said...

cool video- I think Jon would like it. He is so picky about music- and I think this may be a group he has not heard of! I hope that man had some springs in his shoes- his calves may have been a bit sore after that shoot!

Eric and Katie said...

That video was fabulous - I think it would be the type that would put a smile on my face also. Miss you guys and hope you are doing well! Love ya